Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day :-)

Happy Earth Day! Lately, I see more and more people recycling, planting trees, and buying organic goods. There are lots of things we can do to help Mother Earth. If everyone did one thing everyday to help preserve the Earth, like pick up a piece of trash, or recycle newspapers, we could save the world. Honestly. Awareness and action are the foundation for progress. So, Let's get up, get out, go somewhere, and do something.

In honor of my desire to be more "green," and preserve the Earth for my unborn children and grandchildren, I'm going to research and find out as many ways as I can to be more environmentally friendly. Little by little, as I discover more ways to help the Earth, I'll see what fits into my lifestyle and what I'd like to do in a perfect world, but may not be able to do today.

In honor of Earth Day, instead of going to the closest major supermarket to buy my groceries, I'm going to head to the local farmers market, and load my canvas shopping bag with fresh produce and goodies. If the farmers market was closer to my apartment, I could even walk there, but it's not. Okay, off I go to shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment