Monday, April 16, 2012

Insomnia un-struck!

Everyone who knows me knows about my sleeping problems. A couple of weeks ago I told my friend I'd do a 5K with her. The 5K is for a good cause and committing to a race would motivate me to workout. I hadn't run a mile since high school, which meant I needed to start moving if I wanted to be ready for April 29th. Little by little, each day, I've been running a bit more and more. Not only are my abs getting flatter, but I'm getting sleepy earlier and falling asleep easier. Although I did other cardio workouts before, running is really helping me feel a difference. I'm starting to understand why people love running. I'm surprised because I never thought I'd be one of those people who enjoy running.

If anyone's interested, here's a link to the site with the charity and run information:

http://www.ccrf-kids.org/RunWalk12/runwalk2012.html

Doctors have put me on all kinds of sleep medications before, and I have used them when my insomnia is unbearable. Even though it's only been a couple of weeks, I've seen huge improvements from running. Not only does running improve my mood throughout the day, but it also helps me feel less stressed, which must be part of why I can fall asleep more peacefully. We'll see where this journey takes me by placing one foot in front of the other, continuously, in the direction of my dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment